Free Riverview Center 2021 Character Strong Camps
PRE – K THROUGH 5th GRADE
June 21 – August 13, 2021
Join us for the return of our FREE summer character camps! While participating in crafts, games, sing-a-longs and more, children will be learning the traits of PurposeFull People – courage, respect, perseverance, gratitude, honesty, kindness, empathy, responsibility, cooperation and creativity.
· Virtual Camps so everyone can participate
· Free Art/Craft Supply Kits for each student for pickup or drop off
· Some of the activities include: balloon breathing for mindfulness, mini-greenhouses, “honest sunglasses,” creating fish sun visors to remember to “just keep swimming,” letters to local heroes, perseverance portraits, daily mindfulness and meditation, Rube Goldberg machines, and more!
· Camps are 5 days and children can attend both for their grade level (different topics)
· Pre-K: June 21st-25th
· Pre-K: June 28th-July 2nd
· K-2nd: July 12th-16th
· K-2nd: July 19th-23th
· 3rd-5th: August 2nd-6th
· 3rd-5th: August 9th-13th
Riverview Center is honored to serve survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault and their significant others through free and confidential services. Regardless of means, our clients receive high-quality, professional support, including a 24-hour crisis hotline; legal, medical, and general advocacy; arrangements for safe, temporary shelter and safety planning; one-on-one therapy/counseling and support groups; professional trainings; and violence prevention education initiatives.
For the past twenty nine years, Riverview Center has proudly provided the healing and justice survivors of deserve, free of charge. We are a nonprofit agency committed to providing free, confidential, compassionate, client-centered care for individuals affected by sexual and domestic violence in Jo Daviess and Carroll Counties in Illinois and for individuals affected by sexual violence in 14 counties in Northeast Iowa. Riverview Center is creating a community free of violence by empowering individuals, fostering empathy, and developing social skills that emphasize respect, equality, and non-violent conflict resolution.
ALL DOMESTIC & SEXUAL VIOLENCE SERVICES ARE FREE & CONFIDENTIAL
Jo Daviess 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline: 815.777.8155
Jo Daviess 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 815.777.3680
Carroll 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline: 815.244.7772
Carroll 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 815.244.1320
Iowa 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline: (888) 557.0310